Quills is happy to be a part of this harshly tried country's continued growth and welfare. Rwanda- known as the "Land of a Thousand Hills" due to coffee grown between 1700 and 2000 meters above seal level- is now home to a growing number of very small farms which pool together in central washing stations for processing. Many of the coffees being produced these days are among the best in the world. We are proud to bring in this coffee from the Ngororero region which showcases the balance and brightness of a great Rwandan coffee quite well.
For more on this country's rich and exciting coffee history, check out this article from Sweet Maria's Coffee.
Single Origin Details:
- Farm: Ngororero Washing Station
- Region: Ngororero District, Western Province
- Process: Fully washed and sun-dried
- Varietal: Bourbon
- Elevation: 1,800 - 2,000 MASL
- We taste: Subtle lemon acidity with pleasant wine-like overtones and a zesty spiciness